- Officials & Volunteers
- Code Compliance
- Municipal Court
- Contact Us
Road Repair - Before - April 20, 2017
Sorry for the previous empty Alert. Below are some of the areas where the roads will be repaired. [more...]
Road Work Alert - April 20, 2017
Beginning around May 1st, 2017, the companies below will be in your area for constructi... [more...]
City of Lawson Launches a New Website! Subscribe Today! - February 06, 2017
The City of Lawson is proud to announce the launch of our new website. Subscribe to our site and... [more...]
Residents of the City of Lawson may receive curbside recycling at no charge with pick up on Thursday (will run one day late for holidays). Call 816-296-4033 to sign up. Have Recycling to curb by 7:00 AM. Recycling tubs are available for $5.75 or provide your own container with lid. Items accepted for recycling:
- Paper -- Bundles, clean/dry
- Cardboard -- Corrugated or food boxes
- Plastic Bottles -- Remove lids and rinse
- Aluminum/Tin Cans -- Rinse & flatten
- Plastic Bags -- Retail shopping bags
Items NOT accepted for Recycling:
- Glass of any kind
- Wet paper or cardboard
- Motor Oil Containers
- Aluminum Foil
- Black trash bags
The City of Lawson is a member of the Regional Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program, a service coordinated by the MARC Solid Waste Management District.
Residents now have year-round access to the safe disposal of unwanted products such as paint, lawn and garden chemicals, automotive fluids, batteries, florescent bulbs, and housecleaners. Business waste is not accepted.
Residents can access the permanent facilities in Lee’s Summit and Kansas City and also can attend any of the mobile events scheduled April through October.
Can't Make it to a Mobile Event? No problem! Visit either of these permanent facilities
Kansas City Facility
4707 Deramus Street
Open Thursday and Friday 9-6 and Saturday 9-4
No Appointment Necessary!
Lee's Summit Facility
By Appointment ONLY
- 100-pound limit per visit
- Open first Saturday of the month, April Thru November
- Open every third Wednesday for the year for antifreeze, batteries, oil and paint ONLY.
- To view a schedule of events and for more information please visit www.recyclespot.org and click on the “HHW” tab, or call (816) 701-8226.